Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Cook County Department of Public Health and the Cook County Department of Emergency Management and Regional Security are working closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as local public health agencies as they closely monitor and work to prevent the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
When a new disease is circulating, it’s natural for people to ask what they can do to protect themselves and their families.
Anyone who has traveled to China or any country with a CDC Travel Alert Level 3 and is having respiratory symptoms, lives with someone or has had close contact with a Person Under Investigation (PUI) or has had close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 illness should immediately call their healthcare provider and their local public health department.
Currently, Cook County residents and visitors do NOT need change their daily travel routines in response to this announcement. You are encouraged to take everyday precautions to prevent illness, including colds and flu:
• Get a flu shot — it’s not too late.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Sing "Happy Birthday" twice while washing.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Stay home when you are sick, and cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Use an alcohol based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
Our Village Hall will remain open at this time but we are asking that water bills be paid online at our website or over the phone or they can be placed in the night deposit box on the wall outside the Village Hall. For other business, it would also be helpful to phone us at 708-425-7700 rather than coming into the Hall if possible.
For additional up-to-date information, visit:
CDC Novel Coronavirus: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
CDC Travel Guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
Illinois Department of Public Health: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/topics-services/diseases-and-conditions/diseases-a-z-list/coronavirus
Cook County Department of Public Health: https://www.cookcountypublichealth.org/communicable-diseases/novel-coronavirus/