The Village of Chicago Ridge is seeking applications from certified firefighter/paramedics to fill several vacancies within the department.
Protects life and property by safely extinguishing fires and removing individuals from hazardous situations; assisting in fire prevention activities; involvement in other emergency and non-emergency situations, such as inspections, maintenance of equipment; and conducting other related duties. All qualified candidates will be required to undergo a polygraph, psychological, drug screening, physical and in-depth background check. Attendance is an essential function of this position.
1. High School Diploma/GED
2. Valid Illinois driver's license with acceptable driving record.
3. Must be able to read and write English.
4. Possess State of Illinois Licensed Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic, and is in good standing with the departments resource hospital.
5. Must be at least 18 years of age.
6. Must possess the Basic Firefighter Certification or Firefighter II from the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal.
7. Will be required to pass all pre-employment tests before hire.
8. Must be a United States citizen.
Only applicants meeting the REQUIRED qualifications listed above need apply.